As most of the Federal Employees already know, OPM (Office of Personnel Management) has announced a rare event: the open season for the Federal Employees’ Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI). However, many of the federal employees are either unaware that the open season is scheduled for September 1-30, 2016 and if they had heard about it, they don’t really understand what it means to them.
Watch as Dave Beck explains the following:
- What does open season mean?
- Isn’t group insurance always the best option?
- What are the drawbacks with most group insurance programs?
- How do individual insurance plans compare to group life insurance plans?
- What is the action plan for federal employees before the open season starts?
This segment originally appeared on Channel 8's Let's Talk Live prorgam.